- Panel Discussion: Arbitration, Litigation, Mediation, Private Judging
(posted: May 22, 2023)
The advantages/disadvantages of each, how to set up your litigation case for a successful mediation, and when private judging might be a good option.
Webinar: Mediation Best Practices
posted: April 29, 2020
Jeff Windsor will present mediation tips, tactics, and techniques in this webinar for the San Mateo County Bar Association's ADR Section. He is joined by experienced moderator, Anne Goyette.
Date: May 14th
Time: 12:00 pm
- how to prepare for the mediation,
- how to prepare the client for the mediation,
- obtaining clients’ informed consent and acknowledgement of mediation confidentiality (Evidence Code Section 1129(e),
- types of mediation,
- whether to hold joint sessions,
- the usefulness of opening statements, briefs, and evidence in mediation,
- best practices for how to present information (powerpoints, visual presentations) and,
- what to do when mediation appears to have broken down.
Please join the ADR Section for this live webinar.
Learn more and register here